Extended Abstract Submissions for the 4th Australasian Exploration Geoscience Conference is now open!
On behalf of the Conference Organising Committee, the Technical Program Committee, co-chaired by Dr Steve Kuhn and Dr Alex Costall, invite you to submit your extended abstract for the 4th Australasian Exploration Geoscience Conference (AEGC 2023) to be held at the Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre from 13 – 18 March 2023. The AEGC 2023 Conference will provide you with a world class forum to showcase your latest technical advances and research achievements in all areas of geoscience related exploration techniques.
|8 September 2022
|Extended Abstract Open
|Tuesday 29 November 2022
|Extended Abstracts Close
|Tuesday 29 November 2022
|Author Registration Deadline
|Monday 20 December 2022
|Author Notification with Feedback
|Tuesday 11 January 2023
|Deadline for Author Update of Extended Abstracts
Extended Abstract Submission
Extended abstract submission is now open!
Registration now open
Don't miss your opportunity to be involved in the Symposium at AEGC 2023
Types of Presentation
The AEGC 2023 Conference will include presentation types as follows:
The number of Oral Presentations able to be accommodated in the program is limited and presentations will be selected by the Technical Program Committee. The duration for oral presentation is planned to be 20 minutes including questions. This will be confirmed following paper selection. Presentations should avoid commercialism, and there should be minimal use of logos etc. Additional information regarding presentation format will be advised to the presenters at the time of selection.
The Poster Presentations will be displayed on a poster board without any audio-visual equipment. Poster presentations will be allocated to specific sessions to be advised at the time of selection.
The final presentation type will be selected by the Technical Program Committee. The Technical Committee reserves the right to relegate your short abstract which was accepted as an oral presentation to a poster presentation should an extended abstract is not received.
- Role of geosciences in a sustainable world
- Environmental and stakeholder management
- Future geoscience career opportunities and challenges
- Advances in sustainable exploration and resource recovery
- Geosciences for Energy Transition
- Green hydrogen
- Hydrogeology and Groundwater
- Environmental Geology and Agriculture
- Engineering Geology
- Regional studies
- Deep crustal studies and Tectonics
- Structural Geology and Geomechanics
- Archean and Proterozoic terranes
- Magmatic/arc terranes
- Petroleum Geoscience – Case Studies
- Petroleum Geoscience – Unconventional Hydrocarbons
- Petroleum Geoscience – Petrophysics and Laboratory Studies
- Petroleum Geoscience – Geochemistry
- Petroleum Geoscience – Petroleum Systems
- Petroleum Geoscience – Stratigraphy and Sedimentology
- Petroleum Geoscience – Basin Modelling
- Minerals Geoscience – Case Studies
- Minerals Geoscience – Mineral Exploration
- Minerals Geoscience – Minerals Systems
- Minerals Geoscience – Battery Minerals
- Minerals Geoscience – Strategic Deposits – Gold
- Minerals Geoscience – Strategic Deposits – Base Metals
- Minerals Geoscience – Strategic Deposits – IOCG Deposits
- Minerals Geoscience – Sedimentary Basin Minerals
- Minerals Geoscience – In-situ Mining
- Minerals Geoscience – Undercover Exploration
- Coal Geoscience – Coal exploration
- Coal Geoscience – Case studies
- Seismic methods
- Seismic modeling and theory
- Seismic acquisition
- Seismic processing and imaging
- Seismic interpretation
- Subsurface characterization and reservoir physics
- 4D monitoring
- EOR / IOR
- Borehole methods and DAS
- Passive seismic and microseismic
- Seismic for mineral exploration
- Seismic for mineral exploration – Mining geophysics
- Electrical and EM methods
- Potential fields methods
- Undercover exploration
- Remote Sensing and Drone Geophysics
- Near surface and Environmental geophysics
- Engineering geophysics
- Engineering geophysics – AI and Machine Learning
Automation of traditional roles
Data science and multi-disciplinary integration
Data visualization and interpretation
New themes and developments
Extended Abstract Submission Guidelines
Step 1: Click here to access the AEGC 2023 Submission Portal.
Step 2: Log in to your existing account. Please do not create a new author account.
Step 4: Use the WORD template to write your extended abstract. Once completed, save the WORD version with the name aegc2023_paperxxx.docx (where xxx is your assigned paper number). Also export the document to PDF, using the same naming convention (aegc2023_paperxxx.pdf). Take care that your final PDF is formatted as expected. This PDF will be used, as submitted, for all conference purposes (review, delegate download etc). The Extended Abstract is a scientific document. Avoid commercialism.
Step 5: PDF Submission: Submit your correctly formatted PDF via the AEGC 2023 Submission Portal. Complete all other fields, noting those labelled with a (*) symbol must be filled. Click on ‘Submit’ to complete the PDF portal submission process. You will be able to view a preview of your submission. Authors will be able to edit your submission prior to the deadline of Tuesday 29 November 2022.
Step 6: Source-file submission: To further assist our publication processes, we request that you send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject “aegc2023_paperxxx”. Attach both your WORD and PDF files, with the standard naming convention as described in Step 4.
Authors will be able to edit their profile, which was generated when an author account was created, by clicking on the ‘edit’ button under the Author(s) field section. Do note that your photo and biography will be displayed on the Conference mobile app if selected for presentation, thus please include relevant details you wish to be included.
Please direct any questions to the AEGC 2023 Conference Managers email@example.com.
Rules and Guidelines
- Authors with accepted short abstract must submit an extended abstract. The Technical Program Committee reserves the right to relegate the accepted presentation type of an abstract from oral presentation to poster presentation should an extended abstract not be received.
- Extended abstract PDFs must be submitted via the online abstract submission portal for inclusion in the conference. Abstracts submitted only by other means (photocopy, email) will not be
- Extended abstracts will be reviewed after the submission deadline of Tuesday 29 November 2022. Presenters will not be able to modify their extended abstracts after this date.
- Once the reviewing process is completed, authors will be given the opportunity to make edits to their reviewed extended abstract via the online abstract submission portal up until Tuesday 11 January 2023.
- You may withdraw your extended abstract at any time without notifying AEGC 2023 until Tuesday 29 November 2022 through the abstract submission Abstracts withdrawn after Wednesday 30 November 2022, must be withdrawn using the ‘Contact Conference Manager’ function via the abstract submission portal. Requests not submitted via the portal will not be considered.
All presenters must agree to the following conditions when submitting an abstract:
- Affirm that the work has not been or will be published (in print or electronically) or presented elsewhere prior to the AEGC 2023 Conference.
- Abstracts will be made available in electronic format to Conference participants only.
- The correctness of the abstracts is the responsibility of the authors. The Conference Managers will not edit the copy although the abstracts will go through a review process and feedback with be provided to authors. Authors will be given the opportunity to make edits from Wednesday 31 August 2022 to Tuesday 29 November 2022.
- As a commitment to attend and support the Conference, the presenters of the accepted papers are expected to register and pay either for the full Conference Program or the day of their presentation, before Tuesday 29 November 2022 (a reminder will be sent to authors). Failure to register by this date may result in submitted abstracts being removed from the program.
- The preparation and supply of any handouts or other materials used in any presentation will be the responsibility of the presenter(s).
- All costs to attend the Conference including registration, travel and accommodation are to be met by the presenters.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- How do I know if my extended abstract was successfully received? If there are any incomplete steps, you will not be able to submit your abstract. Please complete all required fields marked with red asterisk before submitting your abstract. You will be able to view a proof of your abstract when you click on the Submit button. You will also receive a confirmation email from the system following successful submission of your abstract.
- Is there a page limit imposed on extended abstract text? As a guide Extended Abstracts are typically of length 4 – 8 pages (including figures). There is a limit of 10 pages. There is a file size limit (10MB) on the submitted PDF.
- What is the extended abstract deadline? Tuesday 29 November 2022. (11:59 p.m. AEST).
- Can I make changes to my extended abstract after the deadline? No. However, after the reviewing process is completed, the extended abstracts can be edited from Monday 20 December 2022 – Tuesday 11 January 2023.
- If I make a mistake during the extended abstract submission process, do I need to start a new submission? No. You can make changes to your submission at any time prior to the deadline of Tuesday 29 November 2022 by logging into your eOrganiser Account and selecting the Edit button. Be sure to save your changes and resubmit your abstract.
- Will AEGC 2023 edit my extended abstract? Once you submit your extended abstract, it will not be edited in any way for content. Typographical or grammatical errors that appear in your extended abstract submission will also appear in the final online Technical Program. Abstracts may be formatted only to follow AEGC 2023 publication guidelines or requirements.
Authors will be notified on Monday 20 December 2022 of any feedback on for their extended abstract.
Authors can review feedback and make necessary edits to their extended abstract. Please select the checkbox ‘Ready for Publication’ once editing is completed. If no edits are required, please select the check box ‘Ready for Publication’ to notify the Conference Managers.
The editing deadline post feedback is Tuesday 11 January 2023.
The Technical Committee reserves the right to relegate your abstract which was accepted as an oral presentation to a poster presentation should an extended abstract not be received by the due date.
AEGC 2023 Extended Abstract Submission Guidelines
Otherwise, you can click here to access your guidelines then navigate to the submission portal to submit your Extended Abstract.